Friday, November 12, 2004

Blog On!!

After spending a good portion of the day trying to get this blog working, I realize I know next to shit about code, templates, and all of the other sundry computer D&D speak that's out there. I have no idea how to link to an Internet item that may or may not be pertinent to any of my current or future musings. I don't know how to customize this blog to whatever specs I want to give it-- I chose the current "Simple 2" design template because it was just that, simple. And it appeared to be a relatively legible format.

It's getting to the point these days where every monkey and his prehensile tail has his own blog (let's see if that experiment in linkage will bear any fruit), but I've decided to throw my hat in the ring in typically tardy fashion and start one of my own. I expect to use this space to meditate on the funk and fire of American life; to riff on the creeping fascism that's threatening our already dead culture; to scream out with delight and rapture, trumpeting the great American rock and roll resurgence of which we're in the midst; to explore the sensuous and the profane, the artful and the inane, the able and the insane; to ridicule the ruling class and their proxies in the public life and in the blogosphere-- in short to write whatever the hell I want, Michael Powell be damned! Michael Powell be double damned with his ass sniffing father! Fuck 'em! Fuck 'em all! Here's to future days...